21 May 2014

Off-Season Photo Journal

One recurring piece of feedback I keep getting from all you readers is that I usually strike a pretty negative tone here on the blog.  It's always whine, whine, whine, complain, make a fuss, overreact, "woe to me," that kind of stuff.  To which I say... good.  That's an accurate representation of my quality of life.  And if you haven't gotten the overwhelming impression that things around Andrew Langfield Struggles are pretty sub-par, it's probably because you aren't reading between the lines.

So I figured I'd throw you guys a fricking bone here.  You know, lighten up, try and put a positive spin on things... for once.  And while I'm at it - since I'm trying to make up for lost time here - why not kill a second bird, so to speak, and quickly spin through some of the brighter moments of my fall, winter and spring.

Of course I'm kidding.  My life is great, and I am incredibly blessed.  The only thing I actually wish I had was more time in the day.  Looking back through these pictures was a ton of fun.  Looks like it was a good year.  Here are some highlights.

 
Really dove into the off-season with one of my favorite hobbies: homebrewing.
Here the roommates and I make some sort of red, I think.

Managed to hike my old bones around the Timberline Trail in the fall,
a 40 mile beauty around Mt. Hood.  We even found some early snow.





First friend to get married!
Good eye, Bryan (he's in the middle).
Lucky to have such strapping dudes for friends.


Some fall riding here in P-town.


Made it to a brewfest or two.  The Holiday Ale Fest is one my favorites.
Here with buddy Tom.  You'll never guess how we got the beads.


Morning bike commutes in early winter aren't always bad.
Willamette River with Hood looming.


Brother home from Europe for the holidays!


Me home from Portland for the holidays.


Made it around Hood earlier in the fall,
in mid-winter we got lucky with weather and went up.


Had some wet days as well.  With Elena at the White River.
My car smelled like mildew for months.


The homefront gets some snow.  Made for a fun few days.
Actually rented some skate-skis and cruised all over town.


Same weather pattern, out in the Gorge.  Doesn't look like this too often.


Picked up a new hobby: backcountry skiing.
Late winter took an Avi I class with Steve-o.


Made it up to Bellingham a couple times too.
The skipper with his pipe.


Wheels!  So happy to have started a relationship with
Oregon-based Rolf Prima.

Sister's graduation from Gonzaga University.  Studied abroad, kicked some butt,
and picked up a bachelors in nursing.  She is the best.

Good times, good places, good adventures, and most of all, unbelievable people... pretty hard to complain.  And so many more things I couldn't even include.  Maybe if this whole triathlon/med student thing doesn't work out, I can just keep doing this stuff and hanging out with you all?

Seriously, y'all are the best.  Thanks for reading and staying with me, and for an unforgettable year.  I sincerely love you all.  Wildflower RR is already in the works.  See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just gonna say it...the lack of Coaches Bonding the last year saddens me...

    ReplyDelete